Is Biscoff Vegan?
Yes, Lotus Biscoff is vegan! They use only natural ingredients such as sugar cane, vanilla beans, and cocoa butter.
While it is true that Lotus Biscoff cookies are Vegan, they are Kosher. Lotus Biscoff is made with no animal products or byproducts.
What Are Lotus Biscoff?
Lotus Biscoff traditional biscuits are a great indulgence. They are vegan and gluten-free, making them a great snack.
Biscoff also makes a lot of different types of cookies, so there should be something for everyone! These are an excellent treat for office parties or family gatherings. It’s essential to treat yourself now and then.
Frank Epperson developed the original recipe for Biscoff regular biscuits. Who wanted to create a healthier version of his family’s favourite chocolate chip cookie.
He started baking them at home and then shared them with his coworkers at work. Today, they are available nationwide at grocery stores and other retailers.
Which Lotus Products Are Vegan?
The list below contains all the vegan products from Lotus. These include:
1. Lotus Biscoff spread
Biscoff spread is indeed vegan. It is also gluten-free and non-GMO.
Lotus Biscoff spread has a lot of ingredients, but it contains only three ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, dextrose, and salt.
None of these ingredients is animal products or anything derived from an animal.
2. Lotus Cocoa Spread
Lotus spread is vegan because no ingredients in the Lotus spread are derived from animals. So if you are a vegan and can eat cane sugar and salt, you can eat Lotus spread.
3. Lotus Biscoff Cream
Vegans don’t eat the cream because it contains dairy. But if you look at the label, you’ll see that the cream is only made with cocoa butter and sugar, which means it is vegan.
4. Lotus Biscoff Vanilla
If you are a vegan who loves Biscoff cookies, you will love the taste of Lotus Biscoff Vanilla. It is a great way to get your daily dose of vanilla without sacrificing your vegan lifestyle.
You can find this flavour in most grocery stores worldwide, so you have no excuses to try it.
Ways to Enjoy Biscoff Biscuits
There are many ways for vegans to enjoy Biscoff cookies. The key is to find a creative and cruelty-free way to enjoy your favourite baked good.
Here are some ideas:
1. Top your morning oatmeal with a bit of Biscoff centre spread.
2. Use a bit of Biscoff spread as a creamy filling in your next batch of cupcakes.
3. Use Biscoff spread as a glaze. It is to give oven-roasted vegetables a sweet, caramelized coating.
4. Pair with apples and pears to make your vegan caramel flavour.
5. Use Biscoff vegan spread as a dip for fresh fruit.
6. Use Biscoff spread as a creamy topping for vegan ice cream.
Biscoff Cake Recipe
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking soda
- Sugar Cane
- Vegan Margarine
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and milk until smooth, without lumps.
3. In another bowl, mix together the oil and sugar until smooth.
4. Whisk the egg replacer and vanilla into the mixture.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until no lumps remain. Pour the batter into a 9-inch baking pan.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
8. Spread a generous layer of Vegan Margarine on the cake.
9. Melt Biscoff Spread in a microwave for about 30 seconds.
10. Pour on top of the melted margarine.
11. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!
Additional Biscoff Recipe You Can Try
- Vegan Biscoff Fudge
- Biscoff Apple Crumble
- Biscoff Bakewell Tarts
- Biscoff Brownies
- Biscoff Cheesecake
Vegan Alternatives to Biscoff
Biscoff is a great product, but try the alternatives if you can’t have them. There are plenty of great products to help you make all your favourite biscuit recipes.
The vegan alternative to Biscoff is made from almond milk instead of dairy milk. Almond milk has less fat than dairy milk, and you can eat a lot more almonds for the same amount of calories.
There are many vegan alternatives for Biscoff cookies.
Here are some of them:
1. Trader Joe’s
A vegan alternative for Biscoff cookies is the almond butter cookie dough from Trader Joe’s. This product has all the same ingredients as Biscoff. Except they use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
It has a strong flavour and is thicker than other brands. And Trader Joe’s brand is much cheaper than the other vegan brands.
2. Lily’s Chocolate
A bar of decadent chocolate spread made with coconut oil and cocoa powder.
3. Enjoy Life Cookies
The most popular alternative is Enjoy Life Cookies. Enjoy Life Foods makes nut and dairy-free, grain-free, and gluten-free snacks.
They make cookies, chocolate bars, and even granola. They are an excellent choice for the vegan community, as well as for everyone else.
There are many vegan options for snacks, with or without the classic Biscoff taste. It is not exhaustive, but it will give you many ideas for what to buy next time when craving a sweet.
Use it as a starting point, and feel free to add your favourite products in the comments section. Happy snacking!